Sometimes prayer can appear to be more complicated than it really is. But when we throw off our misunderstandings about prayer, we learn that prayer is actually all about putting our trust in God. Today we are talking about 7 biblical principles of prayer and how prayer can help you prove faithful.
Support the SPF Podcast
Join the Team and support the SPF podcast! Just $5 a month helps me keep this podcast going for equipment, supplies, and marketing! Not only do you help keep this podcast up and running but you also get access to exclusive SPF content.
Find out more here: patreon.com/sheprovesfaithful
SPF Christmas Favorites: Featured Shops!
Courage & Birch
These adorable handmade birch signs can be found on Etsy at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/courageandbirch
Rachel is offering 10% off your purchase from November 20th - November 27th with code: SPF10
I love my knottwisted headbands! I have three of them and they help me get out the door on days when the hair just can't happen!
You can find these headbands here: https://magsoulshop.com/
Mags is offering a 20% off your purchase with code: SPF
Find more at sheprovesfaithful.com/christmas
What is the purpose of Thanksgiving? To advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Read more about the history of Thanksgiving here: http://www.apuritansmind.com/the-christian-walk/the-first-thanksgiving/
Free Thanksgiving Printable!
Give thanks to God according to His Word!
Download and print this free printable!
The Simplicity of Prayer
Some common misunderstandings about prayer:
- Prayer is often used or thought of as a way of controlling our circumstances or future
- Prayer can change God's mind
- If I pray about it, it will happen ("claiming" it)
- Prayer is a spiritual experience about me
Seven Biblical principles about prayer:
- Prayer helps us center our lives on Jesus
- Prayer shows our dependence on God but also is a way to get to know the nature and character of God in a personal way
- Prayer helps us to Praise and Honor God because we are remembering WHO He is and what He has done and can do!
- Prayer helps us to fix our minds on eternal things and think beyond the present moment as we persist in prayer
- Prayer helps us know God as we eagerly wait for Him to answer in His way
- Prayer casts our worries and anxieties on God because He is Sovereign and in control and He has a plan and it will not be thwarted
- Prayer exposes idol worship in our hearts - as we pray God often reveals sin and we confess it to Him
Reasons We Pray
Persistence in our trust
Eagerness in What He will do
Hope in Him and eternity
Revelation of Sin