Are dinosaurs in the Bible? Why really happened to the dinosaurs? Answers to these questions reveal a worldview that impacts other areas of belief. Scientist Jonathan Sarfati taught me a lot about dinosaurs at a recent conference and I’m sharing a few Dino facts that make sense through the lens of the most accurate history book we will ever have.
Support SPF - Three Ways to Do it
Hey! Have you been encouraged by the podcast? If so, consider supporting this work in one of these ways:
1. Become a member by giving $5 a month on patreon.com/sheprovesfaithful and get access to member only resources - including exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming DWELL Handbook.
2. Check out audible for free - that's right, when you sign up with my link, you get to try Audible for free, you get two free audiobooks and it supports the podcast!
3. Clink Amazon links on the show notes! I get a small kickback for referring resources to you that I love :)
Life Hack - The Cast Iron Skillet
This is an essential kitchen tool and a FANTASTIC wedding gift that is usually not on registries (because people don't know the amazing wonders of this pan!). The best part, you can get a great deal on a Lodge brand cast iron skillet at Target - $19.99 for a 12'' skillet (and if you have a REDcard you get free delivery!).
Cast Iron Benefits:
- you can grill with it
- goes from stove top to oven (oven safe)
- used for camping
- easy to clean
- hard to hurt (I burned mine and brought it back to life)
- not toxic
Dinosaur Questions Answered
Why it's important:
Evolutionary thinking naturally leads to atheism, belief in no God, and secular humanism which means man can chart his own course without God.
How we understand dinosaurs tells us how we view the world- it tells us one of our basic assumptions about life.
It shows a theistic worldview where God created everything purposefully and for His glory. Humans have inherent dignity because they are made in the image of God; we love one another because God loved us first; we forgive because Christ forgave us; we live to serve God and others rather than pursue the fleeting pleasures of this world.
Or it shows an acceptance of evolutionary thinking that everything we see arrived at natural processes and that there is no meaningful design and that God is not necessary for life or creation; basically the designed thing designed itself. This is seen in Romans 1 - that the knowledge of Creator God can be known by everyone since God has made it plain by what He’s created. But verse 21 says, "For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
When did dinosaurs exist?
- God’s Word is a history book
- It tells us when dinosaurs existed - on Day 6
- God made the beasts according to it’s kind
- That word kind is important because it tells us that creation was not evolving or changing
- Humans were also created on day 6 which means humans and dinosaurs co-existed
- The word dinosaur is not in the Bible. But word dinosaur was not invented until Sir Richard Owen in 1841
- English versions of the Bible were set in the 1500s and 1600s with the Geneva bible and KJV versions
- Dinosaurs are seen in the Bible as we read Job, the first book ever written - it’s not the first chronologically but first written where the Behemoth is talked about
- "There are even strong indications that people living in the post-flood world encountered dinosaurs."
- "From Europe across Asia and into china there are historical references to dragons with features that often match scientists modern reconstructions." - Safarti
Christian Home Educators of Colorado - CHEC.org
Creation Ministries International - creation.com
Institute for Creation Research - icr.org
Get a free magazine from the Institute for Creation Research - http://www.icr.org/icr-magazines
This is the book I referenced - it's SO good and easy to understand!
The Creation Answers Book: