How did the fit on the ark? How did the dinosaurs become extinct? Are we sure that dinosaur bones are not millions of years old? Answers to these questions reveal a worldview that impacts other areas of belief. Scientist Jonathan Sarfati taught me a lot about dinosaurs at a recent conference and I’m sharing a few Dino facts that make sense through the lens of the most accurate history book we will ever have.
Support the SPF Podcast
Support SPF - Three Ways to Do it
Hey! Have you been encouraged by the podcast? If so, consider supporting this work in one of these ways:
1. Become a member by giving $5 a month on patreon.com/sheprovesfaithful and get access to member only resources - including exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming DWELL Handbook.
2. Check out audible for free - that's right, when you sign up with my link, you get to try Audible for free, you get two free audiobooks and it supports the podcast!
3. Clink Amazon links on the show notes! I get a small kickback for referring resources to you that I love :)
Life Hack - Summer Activity
Go on a dinosaur excavation!! (Or any small toy excavation Dino excavation summer activity.)
Here's what you need:
- ice tray or muffin tin
- small toys or plastic dinosaurs
- food coloring (optional)
- small tools (paint brushes, plastic hammers, etc)
- freezer ;)
Fill ice tray with water (or color water in pitcher first, then add to ice tray). Add little toys (it's ok if they are sticking out!). Freeze until solid. Take out and play!
Usborne Books Flying Dinosaur Paper Airplanes
These are just so fun for an afternoon of paper airplane races and dino themed: https://new.myubam.com/p/6877/100-pterosaurs-to-fold-and-fly
(I am not an Usborne book seller, nor is this linked to a specific seller.)
Creation.com Magazine Offer - Free Gifts with Subscription
Creation.com is giving She Proves Faithful listeners two free gifts with a quarterly magazine subscription to Creation Magazine. This is a creation based science magazine perfect for families.
When you subscribe to the quarterly subscription (and stay subscribed for at least 1 year - 4 issues), you will receive two gifts free: The book The Greatest Hoax by Dr Sarfati and the other a dvd Evolution's Achilles' Heels
Just use the code Faithful1 at checkout and the gifts will automatically add to your cart!
This code is good until December 31, 2018.
To order the magazine or learn more about it: subscribe-creation-magazine
Dinosaur Questions Answered - Part 2
Were the dinosaurs on the ark?
- According to Genesis 6 two of every kind of animal went aboard the ark
How did the dinosaurs fit on the ark?
- The arc was huge.
- 450 long
- 75 feet wide
- 45 feet tall
- Imagine 6 semi trucks wide for 1/2 a mile standing at four stories tall
- It was a sea worthy vessel and could not capsize
- Page 243
- Only about 55 kinds
- Dinosaurs didn’t have to be fully grown
- Most dinosaurs were relatively small
Why aren’t humans buried with dinosaurs if they were alive during the same time?
- Evolutionists claim the order of the fossil record (trilobites at the bottom, humans at the top) is due to a succession of life-forms on Earth, which occurred over many hundreds of millions of years
- But since Fossils are a record of death, creationists believe that most of these fossils and their subsequent order were formed by the year long global flood
- Consider order of death during the flood
- With the flood starting with the fountains of the great deep sedentary sea creatures would be buried first, then swimming sea life,
- And as flood waters rose, shore river animals and plants
- Then small mammals, amphibians, dinosaurs, low land forests
- And last, large mammals, birds, and upland forests
How did the dinosaurs become extinct?
- Many died in the flood
- The rest died out through illness or at the hand of men
Find out more:
To learn more about dinosaurs visit creation.com or any of these resources: