Entertaining seeks to impress, hospitality seeks to bless. Today we will discuss biblical hospitality and why God wants us to practice it and I’ll throw in a few practical tips including feeding a crowd without blowing up your grocery budget and how to take some of the stress out of preparing your house for guests.
*Sometimes the audio player takes a few seconds to play. You can also check out the SPF podcast on iTunes free!
Easy Recipe for hospitality
Home + Food + Meaningful conversation
- Hebrews 13:2
- Romans 12:13
- 1 Peter 4:9
- 2 Kings 4 - Elisha and Shunammite Woman
- Exodus 2 - Moses and future Father in Law
- Acts 16 - Lydia and Philippian Prison guard
Crowd Pleasing Lasagna* - Gluten Free / Quick
Feeds 10 - 12
- 2 pounds ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 3 jars(12 oz) of tomato sauce - or make your own!
- 1.5 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 TBSP granulated garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of prewashed spinach
- 16 oz of cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook meat in skillet. Add seasonings and salt and pepper to taste. Drain fat.
- Heat sauce in pan and add cooked meat. Simmer for 15-30 minutes (longer the simmer, the better the flavor)
- Blend in blender or food processor eggs and cottage cheese until smooth
- Use 9x13 baking dish - line bottom with half of meat sauce mixture
- Next generously layer spinach over sauce.
- Drizzle liberally half the cottage cheese egg mixture over the spinach
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over cheese egg mixture
- Layer again! Add the rest of the meat sauce mixture
- Layer more spinach
- Drizzle the rest of cheese egg mixture
- Top with two cups cheese
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes until cheese is nice and bubbly.
*Note - Measurements are not my favorite ;) This recipe is hard to mess up - and can probably be made in a bigger pan or two smaller pans!
**This recipe is adapted from the Trim Healthy Mama Lazy Lasagna - you can find the recipe here.
Thompson Chain Reference Bible
One of the best study tools I own.