The Bible - there is not a book like it - but how do we become women who, as 2 Timothy 2:15 says, “rightly handles the word of Truth.” How do we read the Bible, interpret the Bible, understand the Bible - are you dizzy with excitement yet? Today is a dose of practical Truth on how to study the Bible.
Listen on iTunes or leave a review: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-she-proves-faithful/id1116242133?mt=2
The scriptures alone are the authority of life, inerrant, infallible authoritative.
Scripture is infallible, inerrant, and authoritative because it is the Words of God:
Take a look at these verses:
1 Corinthians 2:13 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God[a] may be complete, equipped for every good work.
1 Peter 1:20-21 knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—
If God's Word is Authoritative - What does this mean for us?
- Know the overarching story of Scripture
- Know how to respond to Scripture
- Know how to test what is taught
- Know how to answer the question of the day
How to Correctly Handle the Word of Truth
- Scripture is about know God
- Scripture is complete and completely useful: Hebrews 1:1-2, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Exegesis vs eisegesis (see gotquestions.org information)
- Read for objective reality
- Learn to ask good questions
- Obey what the Bible says (John 15)
the Five Solas SPF Podcast: sheprovesfaithful.com/podcast/episode17