Got Goals? Got dreams? God ideas of a new you? We are going to talk about the true agent of change and expose the secret sauce to REVIVIng the soul. Ready to prove faithful this year?
Get Member-Only Access
Want to help the Gospel reach more women through the She Proves Faithful Podcast? Be a teammate for only $5 a month and get member-access to special resources and discounts to SPF products.
Learn more at patreon.com/sheprovesfaithful
Life Hack for the To-Do List
Vis-à-Vis Markers - These are wet erase markers that stay put until you run your to-do list down the drain with water. It's very therapeutic ;) I lamenated a sheet of paper and use a Vis-à-Vis pen to write some things down for the day, week, etc and it's been a helpful place to store to-do's.
I bought my markers on Amazon (affiliate link):
The True Agent of Change
“Spiritual growth depends on two things: First a willingness to live according to the Word of God, second a willingness to take whatever consequences emerge as a result.” Sinclair Ferguson
1. A willingness to live according to the Word of God
- First we have to be in God’s Word and know what God’s word has to say about things (like marriage, relationships, children, hope, anxiety, food, etc)
- Second there needs to be a willingness - that is a heart that is soft and able to say, God, you are God and I am not, and you have written your good words for me, so I can know you and know what is true, beautiful and good. And RIGHT.
This year we need to approach God’s Word as it Truly is - authoritative, good, and RIGHT. We need to come to the Holy Scriptures of God with a heart that says, “teach me Lord.”
2. A willingness to take whatever consequences emerge as a result
This is where the rubber meets the road. If we approach God’s Word and read it and live according to His Truth, then we must be willing to accept the consequences of it.
Those consequences spell out CHANGE for me.
And it’s scary and awesome at the same time.
- Scary because we have idols we like and are comfortable with
- Awesome because the Gospel gives life!! and there are blessings to obedience!
Your Number One Goal
Is to worship God and enjoy Him forever.
One way to do this is to read the Word of God DAILY.
This year I’m encouraging women to read a chapter of the Bible every day - and then accept the consequences of the Good and perfect Word. Remember, Psalm 19 says “The Law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul” the consequences are a REVIVED SOUL. It just takes a little peeling our fingers off idols first.
Join the SPF in the Word plan for FREE: sheprovesfaithful.com/bible
Joshua chapters 1-6
God gave a command and Achan blatantly disobeyed and lied about it. It put the whole nation of Israel at risk and got men killed as well as his own family. Achan is an example to us that sin is serious and all sin deserves death. But God brings life out of trouble for the repentant heart: Hosea chapter 2 tells us that the Valley of Achor (Valley of trouble, where Achan was killed) will be a door of hope.
Without Christ we are doomed to death. Now we have life in Christ. Hope, and a way out of the misery of being enslave to sin in our daily living.
But true change is rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
1. Sign up for a Bible reading plan and commit to reading the Bible every day.
Join SPF in the Word Bible reading plan free: sheprovesfaithful.com/bible
2. Family Worship Bible Guide by Dr. Joel Beeke - gives a brief summary of EVERY chapter of the Bible with two discussion questions. A great companion to have with your daily reading.