As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Family Worship is a dedicated time of teaching our children the Word of God and helping them worship the Lord together with the entire family. Andy Hlushak is our guest today sharing why family worship is important, explains the paideia of God, and we share what we do with our family around the breakfast table that is helping them know and worship the God of the universe.
Support the SPF Podcast (you have options ;)
1. Become an SPF teammate with a monthly gift of $5 or more on patreon.com/sheprovesfaithful and get exclusive access to some digital resources!
2. Try Audible by Amazon - this is our favorite way to enjoy audiobooks! My daughter listens to audiobooks every day for her rest time. You get 1 free book credit a month and you keep the books forever - even if you decide Audible is not for you.
When you try Audible for the free month, you help support SPF!
Click here to try it for a month free and get TWO FREE books to keep forever:
3. Explore any of my Amazon recommended resources - these are affiliate links that give a small kickback to the podcast when you click the links. I only recommend resources I really do like ;)
Family Worship is the parents of the home taking initiative of setting aside a time to teach and instruct their children with the Word of God and songs and prayer. That formal instruction then lends to continual instruction throughout the day.
Family Worship is about instructing the next generation about the Lord for their good and the glory of God!
Family Worship unifies the family and puts God at the center of the family.
Is it biblical?
- Deuteronomy 6
- Ephesians 6
Family Worship Helps Build a Christian Culture
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
Paideia = discipline and instruction of the Lord
Paideia is creating a culture of following God within your family which in turns impacts the world!
Q and A
Who should lead family worship?
What if the Father is a Christian but not leading family worship?
What if the Father is not a Christian?
What if the mom is single?
How We Do Family Worship with Little Ones
- Read the Bible (we use ESV Family Devotion Bible)
- Discuss the Bible story we read
- Review or teach a catachism (we use New City Catachism - free app!)
- Review or teach Bible verse
- Sing a Song
Three Reminders for Daily Family Worship
Here's a peak into our Family Worship Time
Recommended Family Worship Resources